- READ_PHONE_STATE: used for getting information like IMSI, IMEI, etc.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used to start Theft Aware upon device boot
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: used to use network positioning module
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: used to use GPS positioning module
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: used for getting information about the network operator, the network state, etc.
- CALL_PHONE: used for the CALL command, issuing an outgoing call
- GET_TASKS: used to get a list of running tasks, needed for SMS hiding
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: used to catch the outgoing password call - this then launches the Theft Aware UI
- READ_CONTACTS: used for the GET CONTACTS command to read the contacts database
- READ_SMS: used for the GET SMS command to read the SMS database
- RECEIVE_SMS: used to receive the Theft Aware SMS commands
- RESTART_PACKAGES, KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: needed for SMS hiding
- SEND_SMS: used to issue SMS replies to the remote control phone
- WRITE_SMS: used for WIPE command to wipe the SMS database
- WRITE_CONTACTS: used for WIPE command to wipe the contacts database
- SET_PREFERRED_APPLICATIONS: used for parts of the device lock functionality
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: used for parts of the device lock functionality
- INTERNET: used to enable internet for license activation
- WRITE_APN_SETTINGS: used for WIPE command to wipe access point settings
- WRITE_CALENDAR: used for WIPE command to wipe the calendar
- WRITE/READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS: used for WIPE command to wipe the bookmarks
I hope this list helps you in understanding the permission requirements of Theft Aware. Additionally we guarantee that we do not abuse any of the permissions requested. You really can trust us.